1. Tournament Information
1.1. Key Dates
- Registration Period: 16th to 31st August 2018
- Registration Link: https://zenway.sg/BotP_MLBB2018
Registrations for both Qualifiers will close on 28th August 2018 at 2359 sharp.
Registrations for The Seletar Mall only will close on 31st August 2018 at 2359 sharp.
1.2.1. The Clementi Mall Qualifiers
- Dates: 28th to 31st August 2018
- Format: Group Stages, Round robin Best of One played over 2 days
- Qualification: Top two teams from each group advances to the finals
1.2.2. The Seletar Mall Qualifiers
- Dates: 3rd to 6th September 2018
- Format: Group Stages, Round robin Best of One
- Qualification: Top team from each group advances to the finals
- Date: 9th September 2018
- Format: Single Elimination, Best of Three games
Early Bird: $25 per team
General Registration: $30 per team
Do note that all registered team will receive a $25/$30 SPH Malls Voucher respectively upon attendance.
Registered teams who failed to qualify will automatically be registered to qualifiers at The Seletar Mall between 3rd to 6th September 2018
All participants must have at least a Level 8 account and 5 heroes. Information required during registration:
- Team Name:
- Captain’s/Vice Captain’s/Members’ Names:
- Captain’s/Vice Captain’s/Members’ Contact Number:
- Team Logo (At least 500×500 resolution)
2. Prize Pool Breakdown for Grand Finals
2.1. Cash Prizes
- Champions: SGD$2,100 per team + 500 Diamonds per person
- o 1st Runner Up: SGD$1,470 per team + 300 Diamonds per person
- o 2nd Runner Up: SGD$1,050 + 200 Diamonds per person
- o 4th Place: SGD$700 per team
- o 5th to 8th Place: SGD$420 per team
3.1. Player Eligibility
All players participating in the “Esports Festival 2018: Battle of the Pros – Mobile Legends Tournament” must enter with their registered Mobile Legends in game name. The game account will be used to invite players into custom matches and for verification purposes.
3.2. Team and Player Names
Only registered team members can play for a team. Playing a match with a ringer is strictly prohibited. Players and team members must compete with their registered mobile legends in game name during all matches in the tournament proceeding.
3.3.1. Registered Players
- Teams are only allowed to play with players registered on the team roster during the registration phase.
- Players are not allowed to be playing for more than one team at any given time
- Teams are only allowed to have a maximum of 2 substitute players.
3.3.2. Roster Changes
- Teams are allowed to make changes to their roster any time before registration closes for each qualifier.
- Any roster changes to qualified teams must be made known to admins via email by 24th August 2018, 2359hrs.
3.3.3. Roster Lock
- Upon successful qualification for the offline finals, rosters will be locked.
- Teams will only be allowed to change up to a maximum of 2 players inclusive of the substitute player, subjective to organiser’s approval.
- Players who are substitutes for already qualified teams cannot be part of another team.
- Playing with unregistered players or usage of ringers will result in disqualification.
3.4. Game Version
All games are to be played using the latest version of the game to participate in the tournament. Any updates must be installed before the start of the tournament. Any delays need to be kept to a minimum; no time wastage is allowed.
3.5. Technical Issues
Teams are responsible for their own technical issues (hardware). Matches will not be rescheduled due to above mentioned issues and will go on nevertheless. If maximum pause time and/or delay is exceeded, the game will continue even if the issues is unresolved.
To maintain fairness during the tournament, the organiser reserves the right to disqualify teams.
Teams found partaking in the following scenarios will be disqualified from the tournament:
- Deliberate stalling of the game can result in losing that game or series entirely
- Deliberate leaving of a match before it ends can result in forfeit and winning point awarded to the opposing team
- Usage of exploits or third-party programs/cheats will result in player and/or team disqualification
- Unsportsmanlike conduct (Toxicity in chat, excessive bad manners, physical violence etc) will result in player and/or team disqualification
- Betting or match fixing will result in player and/or team disqualification
4.1. Tournament Format
4.1.1. Match Settings
- 5v5 Draft Mode
- Players on the left team will be tasked to create game lobby
4.2. Match Reporting
- Teams must report the results after each series to the tournament admins.
- Teams should screenshot the end of match screen for verification purposes.
4.3. Substitute Players
- Teams are allowed to have a maximum of 1 substitute upon registration.
- Substitutes cannot come into play in a series that has already begun.
- The registered substitute player cannot be a part of any rosters of other registered teams that are participating in the tournament.
- Should such a substitute player be found, the registration of the substitute player will be considered void and will not be able to act as a substitute for the team.
4.4. No Show
Should a team be absent and uncontactable during registration or attendance taking phase, that team will be marked as late and not allowed to participate in the tournament.
- If a player is late during a match or is ready only 15 minutes after match has started; will not be allowed to play during that series.
- The Team Captain will be given a choice to start the match as 5 players or forfeit the match.
- The player whom is late is not allowed to re-join this match series.
4.4.3. In-between Series
- Players are recommended not to go on breaks in between matches in a series.
- Should a player need to take a quick break, seek out an admin or marshal.
- Players must remain contactable throughout the tournament.
- In any scenario should a player or more leaves before a winner has been determined not due to an internet issue disconnection, that player(s) team forfeits the match, and may be subjected to disqualification.
- In any circumstances where there is a disconnection/phone crash/application crash, players MUST return to the game as soon as possible and continue playing.
- If in any scenario, in the organiser’s opinion that prevent the match from being decided properly, the “re-match” must be played with the same draft.
- It is the responsibility of players to call out to a marshal should these situations occur.
5.1. Participant Conduct
- Players and teams are expected to report to the marshal when called upon as soon as possible. If a player or team isn’t present at match time after 15 minutes, the organiser reserves the right to disqualify.
- Players are to take note that there MAY be no breaks during a match and/or after a game, thus advised to fully make use of downtime in between rounds to prepare for the next match (Toilet breaks, food, etc.)
- Any action that results in an unfair advantage are illegal. This includes bug abuse or third-party programs.
- If a player leaves a game deliberately before it ends, that game will be forfeited and the winning point awarded to the opposing player.
- Match-fixing is not allowed. Should any match-fixing be found out, both involved teams will be disqualified.
- All participants are expected to uphold exemplary standards of conduct at all times. Inappropriate, rude or unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated. Participants who fail to comply will be strictly dealt with.
As stated above, the tournament organisers reserve the right to disqualify any player that do not comply with the rules.
5.3. Third-Party Softwares
- It is strictly prohibited for a player to use any third-party software modifying the game functionalities or principles.
- During the tournament, the organizer will carry out random mobile device and player materials checks for prohibited software.
- If the presence or use of a prohibited software is detected, the concerned player will be banished of any current and future tournaments.
- The player and their belongings will be removed from the tournament and the cash prize earned, if any, will be cancelled.
6. Prize Money Distribution
All prize money will be paid within 30 days after the conclusion of Esports Festival 2018: Battle of the Pros – Mobile Legends Tournament. All prize money transfers are to be handled via bank transfer. The prize money will only be transferred to the team captain. The team leader has to make sure that his team members will receive the prize money.
The tournament organiser and the event producer reserves the right to modify the present Rules at any time without prior notice.